Remembering Bonaire until we can return

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cichkid

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Love to go to Bonaire once or twice a year and hopefully for extended stays in a couple of years. But right now we can't go and it is messing with my well being.
For now all I can do is look at pictures and watch videos. Please post your Bonaire videos. Here is a link to one of mine:

Mrs cichkid here - note at 5:52 of video - hammerhead shark!!!!!!! It was at Aquarius. Made our entire trip. We didn't tell anyone about it until we were sure it was visible on the video.

I have 7 trips, 197 dives off Bonaire. Other than a few Nurse Sharks, I've never seen a shark there. My wife and a couple others saw 2 Reef Sharks at South Bay, Klein Bonaire, in April 2019

Congrat.s on that shark! 9 Trips, similar # of dives there to Scubadada's I think, and I've never seen a shark of any kind on Bonaire. Haven't dove the east coast much, though; couple dives at Cai. That was a 'different world,' from the west coast.

Thanks for sharing - we enjoyed our virtual dive, seeing all the wonderful sea life !! Can't wait to go back....once it's safe !

Congrat.s on that shark! 9 Trips, similar # of dives there to Scubadada's I think, and I've never seen a shark of any kind on Bonaire. Haven't dove the east coast much, though; couple dives at Cai. That was a 'different world,' from the west coast.
Just happened to look into the deep water as it was passing by. I rarely look out to the deep water. I wonder how many things swim by without being noticed. Couldn't believe my luck. To bad I wasn't able to get the attention of the whole group as most missed it. By the way this was on the West coast, Dive site "Aquarius".

Love to go to Bonaire once or twice a year and hopefully for extended stays in a couple of years. But right now we can't go and it is messing with my well being.
For now all I can do is look at pictures and watch videos. Please post your Bonaire videos. Here is a link to one of mine:

A short video from May last year of frog fish at Salt Pier:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Mrs cichkid here - note at 5:52 of video - hammerhead shark!!!!!!! It was at Aquarius. Made our entire trip. We didn't tell anyone about it until we were sure it was visible on the video.

Bonaire East Coast Diving

My second to last dive when I was working in Bonaire a few years ago. Got lucky on the east coast.
Last dive of my stint there was an ostracod dive... the only night-dive I gladly delay my after dive beer for!

10269299_727598633928459_6857263811518601381_o.jpg

10012690_727598610595128_1176802880530843582_o.jpg

10321639_727598747261781_5062923246503534915_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom