Regulators from Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken-Tac

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in an international regulator set... like if I order a Scubapro first and second stage from Italy? Probably a dumb question, but I just don't want to order something from Europe thinking it is like what we have here and it is different somehow. Thanks everyone!

MK11/C370, as an example, from Italy is the same in France, UK, Libya and the US (DIN or Yoke, they are the same). The ONLY difference in regulators is the DIN connection for regulators used for 100% O2 service in Europe. They use different thread there.

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference in an international regulator set... like if I order a Scubapro first and second stage from Italy? Probably a dumb question, but I just don't want to order something from Europe thinking it is like what we have here and it is different somehow. Thanks everyone!

Why do you want to order from Europe? Be aware the warranty may not be valid in the US.

european dealers also may be prohibited by their agreements with the manufacturers for some brands from shipping to US customers

Nitrox >40% din is officialy different but can be changed very easy into the normal DIN connector.
The official european norm for O2 clean is M26/2 but this standard is not really beeing kept as it limits the use of your regulators.

If they will sell and ship to you, provided you don’t order an odd combo or they decide to send an odd combo and shipping is reasonable there is little reason to not buy from Italy or any other European country (or Asian for that matter) warranty is not an issue I worry about, theft or other issues with transport are more likely. I doubt you can save enough over dealing with a US seller to make the risk worth the few bucks saved.

I confirm what the others said

Regs are fully compatible with the ones used internationally. In Italy most people use DIN but there is an adaptor for INT in case you need
Check carefully the conditions of warranty and regulators service, and the shipping and custom duties if applicable. Based on my experience on products purchased directly from the US, I would expect that the manufacturers will refuse to ship from Europe to the US because they have non competition agreements with their US distributors, or there might be issues with the warranty, or other problems that might make it easier to buy directly in the US

In Italy we have a local manufacturer almost completely unknown abroad, Scubatec, with a very high reputation of excellent quality at a low price. Scubatec is a local small manufacturer that works for other bigger companies, including Scubapro and Mares, and sells its own regs under the brand Scubatec almost directly from the factory with little or no marketing and retailing
Erogatori
These regs are considered equivalent to Apeks but they cost half... and the same applies to spare parts and service.
Not sure anyway if they are available in the US, and if the regs service is available as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom