Regulator Technician

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey guys
For those of you that are regulator techs for a dive shop, what do you typically get paid for a full reg service? Do you get paid by the stage or by the set?
Thanks

Are you talking about as an employee or a contracted tech? Or independent? I get $45 an hour for labor when I service a reg. Plus the small profit on parts. I am independent and only service HOG as an authorized reg tech. I'm also a HOG and Deep Six reg tech instructor.
I don't charge by the stage because some stages take more time. If a person doesn't care for their regs properly I let them know by charging more because it takes more time to disassemble, clean, remove corrosion, etc.
If you're talking about doing it as an employee, who is covering your butt for liability insurance, training, etc.
If I were servicing for a shop, I'd expect a minimum of 25 bucks an hour plus benefits. They would pay for training, tools, insurance, etc.
Any less would be an insult given the results of something going wrong with a reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom