Regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yung_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I just learned Sidemount not long ago and have 2 sets of regs, my primary one have a short high pressure hose connected to my spg, a low pressure hose for my razor bcd, and 2 second stages ( one is my main and the other is my octo) my other reg is much more simpler with a second stage, a spg and I think that's it... I am planning on using my first setup as a rec dive setup as well but it seems to be quite cumbersome as there's just so much hoses and stuff going on. I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations on how to configure the regs so it would be a much cleaner setup and not look like a giant bundle of mess. Thanks

the fish really don't mind how you look and other divers don't look at all

Sounds like what you're asking is how to make a sidemount set up from 1 standard back mount set up and 1 stage set up, but have the ability to continue to use the standard back mount set up as such, without having to do much to it to transition between side and back mount use... Is that about right?

I am not sure exactly what it is you are asking but let me take a shot at this.

My sidemount setup consists of two first stages. My right cylinder has one second stage on it attached to a longhose (3 meter/7 feet). I also have a short 6" spg hose that runs down the cylinder and not up like a lollipop. Most of the long hose is tucked into the tank straps until it needs to be deployed.

My left cylinder has a much shorter hose that runs around my neck with the second stage attached via a swivel. Same SPG setup. I will see if I can find a picture of my setup.

If you are having issues with hose routings and being able to handle the cleanup of them underwater, I would suggest finding an instructor who dives predominantly sidemount and take a course.

Here it is. All nice and clean although I have swapped my left cylinder second stage for a Deep 6.

Attachments

• 1B51632F-35D0-4F76-8EE5-C83C41193B34.jpeg
    1B51632F-35D0-4F76-8EE5-C83C41193B34.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 295
Sounds like what you're asking is how to make a sidemount set up from 1 standard back mount set up and 1 stage set up, but have the ability to continue to use the standard back mount set up as such, without having to do much to it to transition between side and back mount use... Is that about right?
yeah in essence that's what I'm asking

Here it is. All nice and clean although I have swapped my left cylinder second stage for a Deep 6.
thank you, I have a similar setup but with 2 second stages on my right cylinder which my main is a 2 meter hose with a 1 meter octopus, my left cylinder have a normal hose what also routes over my neck with a swivel. however I had a lollipop setup on the SPGs

I don’t know why you would want your right bottle regs to be set up for both SM and single BM. It takes 5 min (or less). To remove / add the necessary hoses when you switch between both configuration. Why not just do that? It’s not like you are going to do the switch underwater. If not you will end up with something not optimal for SM and with a very short (won’t be able to read it) SPG for BM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom