Regulator setup question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andercb1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am slowly getting into the technical side of things. Slowly buying things as I go. Next on the list is my regulators. I currently have the Dive Rite Hurricane first and second stage. (on a 7') and the 2015 octo. I need to set it up for doubles. They don't sell the hurricane first stage by itself. What do I do? Do the second stages have to match? Do the first stages have to match? A little help thrown to a newbie would be greatly appreciated. If it maters i'm trying my best to go the DIR/UTD/GUE way.

Cheers
-Alex

diverite sells its rg2500/3000 first stage on its own i would see no issue with that reg on you second post . and the octo is a good reg to use as you back up

I currently have the Dive Rite Hurricane first and second stage. (on a 7') and the 2015 octo. I need to set it up for doubles. They don't sell the hurricane first stage by itself. What do I do? Do the second stages have to match?
No, not necessarily.
Do the first stages have to match?
No, not necessarily.
If it maters i'm trying my best to go the DIR/UTD/GUE way.
I would suggest that in an ideal world your first stages would 'match', and your 2nd stages would 'match'. Consistency is useful. But, in reality, what you are trying to get to is two first stages, and two second stages, that are functional, safe, etc.
Having said this, if you spend a little more, and end up with an extra second stage, what is the problem?

Hi,
I have a Hurricane set up with a 2015 as my octo. and have never had a problem.
I did tune the ip on the 2015 up to 145psi from 140psi to match the ip of the hurricane first and second stage.

Jim breslin

No, they don't have to match, either first and second stages, although IMO it is desirable, but you must be confortable breathing from either of them, something like "let's buy a cheap one for backup..." does not work for tech, specially if you go for a long hose in your primary, which I strongly recommend. With this configuration, a good backup is not just "a courtesy" to your buddy, but YOU will be the one breathing from it in a OOA situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom