Regulator setup for tmj

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Budget isn’t much of an issue (I’d rather not spend a ton on something since I’ll only use it a couple times a year but willing to spend the money if it’ll help) but something reliable and comfort is the biggest thing for me. So looking for some suggestions and help on what to buy. TIA!

While I don't actually have TMJ, I did manage to break my jaw, some years ago, and turned to my full-face mask for most of that particular year, since I couldn't even manage a conventional mouthpiece for a month.

A potentially expensive option, to be sure; but a possible long-term solution, that a number of friends have turned to, with that same issue . . .

While I don't actually have TMJ, I did manage to break my jaw, some years ago, and turned to my full-face mask for most of that particular year, since I couldn't even manage a conventional mouthpiece for a month.

An potentially expensive option, to be sure; but a possible long-term solution, that a number of friends have turned to, with that same issue . . .
Yeah I was thinking of this too. Is it hard to keep them from fogging up? Is the regulator sort of blocked off from the lens or is it all open and feels like you’re freely breathing above water ?

Yeah I was thinking of this too. Is it hard to keep them from fogging up? Is the regulator sort of blocked off from the lens or is it all open and feels like you’re freely breathing above water ?
Dedicated full face masks don't generally have a problem with fogging. Mine has a sort of a "vane" that purposely directs air across the visor, to maintain clarity -- has never fogged; and the regulator itself is kept separated from the visor portion (see photo) . . .

Attachments

• IMG_3035.jpg
    IMG_3035.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 53
As many have said, I also have TMJ, though it has not caused me any grief in the last 15 years or so. Every one of my regulators has some form of the comfo-bite, whether its the aqualung, apeks, or clone version, hands down its my favorite mouthpiece.

Back
Top Bottom