Regulator Setup For Air Integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been diving for 3 years now, mostly vacation diving 7-10 times a year. Just bought a Teric dive computer and would like to setup air integration for when I go on vacations, so that I can just hook my own regulator setup when I get there.

I’m new to setting up a regulator and know nothing about what’s best.

Can you all help me out by giving me advice on which regulator parts to buy without breaking the bank for air integration with my Teric?
P.8 already and I bet you are not getting any wiser on your question.
It is never easy. Just like purchasing your first car.
Two new complete set of regs is pretty stiff.
I hope you will get what U2 required.

Answering with 'Most of the high-end regulators work' seems inadequate. I was asking for personal experience. Dive count means nothing. Athletes with high VO2 max readings recover quicker and probably make better divers.
You’ve missed the point, again. The breathing difficulty has nothing to do with the reg or VO2. It’s the venture effect, at depth, in the bronchial tubes (they collapse so air doesn’t pass) that is the killer.

P.8 already and I bet you are not getting any wiser on your question.
It is never easy. Just like purchasing your first car.
Two new complete set of regs is pretty stiff.
I hope you will get what U2 required.
I actually think I’m going to go with the Hog D3 and Zenith combo. Can get the reg, second stages, dual gauge, and all hoses for $450 shipped. From my research, it sounds like they are all made at the same place and have minor differences. These things have been around for years without any major changes across manufacturers. If i don’t like it, I’ll try one of the higher end ones, but I’m sure it will be just fine for my needs.

I actually think I’m going to go with the Hog D3 and Zenith combo. Can get the reg, second stages, dual gauge, and all hoses for $450 shipped. From my research, it sounds like they are all made at the same place and have minor differences. These things have been around for years without any major changes across manufacturers. If i don’t like it, I’ll try one of the higher end ones, but I’m sure it will be just fine for my needs.
Why NOT.
Two sets for less than a grand, hard to find nowadays.
If you have the time I would suggest you should look up for their service manuals. Not to suggest you should try to do it yourself but at least you know how the things work. Easier to diagnose the problem if ever arise in the future.
Cheers.

You’ve missed the point, again. The breathing difficulty has nothing to do with the reg or VO2. It’s the venture effect, at depth, in the bronchial tubes (they collapse so air doesn’t pass) that is the killer.
I thought it would affect someone free-diving to 702 feet. But I'm guessing certain people don't think free-divers are athletes?

I have rsingler do my tech work. Deep6 comes with a service kit when you buy it...reach out to him and see if he services Deep6....

full.jpg

Like this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom