Regulator service techs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shurite7

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am curious as to what part time reg service techs are paid. And, how is the tech paid: per stage; per reg; per hour; etc?

Chris

In general, a tech is a trained store employee. So store wages is what they expect. If you pay your people $15 per hour to sell, then $15 per hour is what they get for working on regulators.

My labor rate as a tech is $45.00 an hour. I work for myself though. Yet considering the job and what's involved a shop would not get me for less than 35.00 if I was using their tools. My tools? My normal rate.

I charge $30 per stage for labor, plus parts. As a courtesy to my customers, I do not put a markup cost on parts and charge the customer what I paid for them including shipping. Cost do change though for example if the customer wants the reg O2 cleaned for high PPO2 deco mixes, etc.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom