Regulator, Same In All Models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, is the second stage regulator supplied with the mask the same construction and function in all models? I see that some higher end models have metal face plate, but is there any difference otherwise in terms of function and work of breathing?

Also, would a Poseidon second stage fit on a Neptune Space?

Thanks!

Hello, is the second stage regulator supplied with the mask the same construction and function in all models? I see that some higher end models have metal face plate, but is there any difference otherwise in terms of function and work of breathing?

Thanks!

Of the current models, the regulator is exactly the same whether you have a G-Diver or a Predator. I will check on the Poseidon with Ocean Reef and let you know.

Thanks!

Here is the response to your question about the Poseidon directly from Ocean Reef. I am not technologically knowledgable in this so I can't answer further questions without going back to them but if you have more questions please feel free to drop me a line and I will do my best to get them answered.

Is this for an older model (like one with no integrated reg - aka - Neptune Nira) or is it effectively for a Space?
There is the option of a second conventional second stage fitted to a lateral port with an adapter. This though means that there will have to be a switch before that reg as it would activate depending on the tilt of the head and general movement (depending on relative depth in comparison with the depth of the integrated one). Also this is quite a bulky solution i feel.. but some do like the option.

Every regulator I have seen Is downstream design Both first and second stage. I don't see how that would ever change because of safety. If it fails it free flows instead of stopping air flow 99.99% of the time. Had to leave a little in there for ????.

Back
Top Bottom