Regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the Aqua Lung Calypso with the provided 1st stage or the ScubaPro R195 with the MK2 EVO.

From personal experience in dive school with the two regulators, the SP has far less issues with much better performance and more reliability than the AL Calypso. I'd recommend however spending few dollars more and buy the MK11/C370 with superior performance. The MK11/C370 isn't much more than the the MK2/R195. If you still can't afford the MK11/C370, skip few meals and you will have enough saved to afford it.

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/regulators/systems/mk11c370-dive-regulator-system-int

BurhanMuntasser, I have been looking at that reg today. Seems like a very good choice! Thank you for the recommendation.

Ken...

Have a look at DGX...Dive Gear Express...their house brand...rock solid...pre-configured to your needs...priced right...best after sales service in the industry...

Balanced/environmentally sealed/warm and cold water compatible...can be easily re-configured as you advance...doubles...side-mount...

Think twice about buying any first stage with an open spring chamber...

Best...

Warren...

Warren, LOL, looks like they are made by Deep6! They sure look good and the price is definitely right!

Warren, thank you! I'll look them up now. I have also heard good things about Deep 6.

Hey Ken...

The DGX house-brand is Deep-Six...I prefer the DGX version...all black...a less ''flashy'' design...priced better...and simply stated...in my opinion DGX is the best in the industry...barr...none...

I deal with them continually...never any stock shortages...order on Monday...you have your package on Wednesday...

Box your regs up every other season...send them to DGX for service...

Best...

Warren

@ken Tac Here's something to consider that hasn't really been discussed in the thread...once you have a regulator you'll need to have it serviced every year or two (two is probably fine as long as you rinse/soak them well in freshwater after your dives). If your local shop doesn't carry the brand you buy, then getting service from them may not be an option. As @W W Meixner mentioned though, you can send your Deep6 regs to DGX or Deep6 for service. Likewise, you can also take Deep6's service class and learn how to do them yourself.

Warren, I like the looks a lot better as well! You may have sold me! I like the complete streamlined OW package. And the whole setup is cheaper than the MK11/C370.

Back
Top Bottom