Regulator For Denture Wearer Is There Such A Thing????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VALLIE61

Reaction score
Hello I Am Fairly New To Diving Recently I Have Gotten Full Dentures Is There Such A Thing As A Regulator Made Just For Denture Wearers????????
Would Deeply Appreciate Any Kind Of Info On This

Bella is on the right track: it's not the regulator you need concern yourself about, it's the mouthpiece. And this is completely changeable according to your own personal preferences.

IOW, go find the reg that gives you the features you want, THEN swap out the mouthpiece.

While I don't have dentures I do have a Seacure mouthpiece and would agree that it is your best bet. It is custom fit to your mouth and does not require you to bite on it like a standard mouthpiece. I've been using them for about 8 years and love it. I hate using standard mouthpieces. Mine fits all the way back to my molars.

I don't wear dentures - yet - but probably will some day. The Manta Bite mouthpiece might be a better choice than the Seacure - I don't know. Their advertising verbiage indicates it's beneficial for folks with dentures.

I'm thinking of trying a Manta Bite myself just to see how it compares to the Seacure. The Seacure was a quantum leap from the 'stock' mouthpiece on my Scubapro D400 - coupled with a 120 degree elbow, I can twist the original Superflow hose so any hose "pull" is actually translated into hose "push" against my upper teeth, and I can relax my jaw. The Manta Bite advertises you can completely relax your jaw with their design.

http://www.manta-bite.com/index.asp

There are issues regarding regulator donation with either the Seacure or the Manta Bite - my wife dive buddy is petite, and there's no question I have the big mouth of the family - so any reg donations from me will be the reg that isn't in my mouth, which will have a 'stock' mouthpiece. I like the idea that with the Manta Bite, all I have to remember is to keep my mouth shut, and breathe - should be simple enough for me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom