Regular WA or Fisheye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gusvs

Registered
Reaction score
Would you guys recommend a regular 14mm wide angle lens or a 15mm fisheye lens as my WA lens to be used with a Canon SLR (film)? I can only afford one of them, and the fisheye is a lot cheaper, but has its disadvantages (especially above water).

Thanks for any input.

gusvs:
Would you guys recommend a regular 14mm wide angle lens or a 15mm fisheye lens as my WA lens to be used with a Canon SLR (film)? I can only afford one of them, and the fisheye is a lot cheaper, but has its disadvantages (especially above water).

Thanks for any input.

From a fellow film SLR user, research this some more. The first concern is which wideangle dome port will you be using? Is really the question.... with the Ikelite standard dome port my 20mm wide gets fuzzy around the edges. Any way to rent or borrow both of these lenses?. Then install them with the camera in a housing. Take a 20-30 gal. aquarium place some type of pattern on the bottom, fill with water, place your housing in the aquarium, focus on the pattern and take the picture. When you get the film back, check for fall off at the edge of the pictures. If it is fuzzy I would drop back to a 20, 24 or 28mm lens or change the dome an/or housing. I would go for the lower priced lens and only the Canon or Nikon brands, check with ebay on this.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom