Regular GUE courses in the Florida Keys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Brown Tech

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Do your GUE training in the tropical paradise of Key Largo! Silent Worlds 2007 Schedule has just been released. There are regular courses in DIR Fundamentals, Recreational TriOx and Tech 1. Focus is on ocean diving, as all courses will be conducted on the reefs and wrecks of the Florida Keys National marine Sanctuary. Full equipment rental, sales and accommodation available. For more info, visit our website at: Silent World Technical Training or email me at chris@silentworldkeylargo.com

January 11-14 DIR Fundamentals
February 8 - 11 Recreational TriOx
February 19 - 23 Tech 1
March 29 – April 1 DIR Fundamentals
April 24 - 26 Recreational TriOx
May 21 - 25 Tech 1
June 18 - 21 DIR Fundamentals
Aug 23 -26 DIR Fundamentals
September 21 - 23 Recreational TriOx
October 1 - 5 Tech 1
October 25 - 28 DIR Fundamentals
November 2 - 4 Recreational TriOx
November 19 - 23 Tech 1
December 13 -16 DIR Fundamentals

I got a chance to visit with Chris on my last trip down in the Keys. What a great guy! It almost makes me want to take a fundies course! :D

It looks like Mark Messersmith is teaching courses for you all. Mark has taught Fundamentals classes for us here in Atlanta, and is an excellent instructor. I hope that relationship works out pretty well for you guys.

Yes thats right, Mark for Fundies & Triox. He has taught the last 2 classes here, which went really well.

Thanks for your support.

Chris

Who is teaching the Tech 1 classes?

Dean Marshall and David Rhea and / or other Florida based GUE instructor depending on the course dates and student numbers.

Cheers

Chris

Silent World and Mark Messersmith are a great combination. I took DIR-F and TriOx with MM at Silent World and HIGHLY recommend both. Chris and Alison run a great GUE/DIR friendly shop and Mark is one of the most professional and thorough instructors I have come across.

If you are looking for GUE classes or just a great dive operator, try Silent World. They run a great operation.

Andrew

Besides a rent-a-car, what's another way of getting down there after flying into Miami International? Where's the Greyhound Bus Terminal and how close is it to the Silent World Dive Shop & Hotels in Key Largo?

A popular operator is the Keys Shuttle service. http://www.floridakeysshuttle.com/ . They run from Miami International and Ft Lauderdale

The Greyhound is about $18 and they have stops along the Highway:

MIAMI ARPT, FL 12:45pm GLI 3711

MIAMI CUTLER RIDGE, FL 01:20pm GLI 3711

KEY LARGO, FL 02:05pm

Our shop is on the Highway as are most of the Hotels, so it shouldnt be a problem getting here from the airport. Give me a call or mail me if I can be of any help with looking into travel arrangements.

Best regards

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom