Regs stolen while in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is primarily for those members already IN Thailand:

I had a set of Atomic B2 regs stolen recently from my apartment (in Pattaya). If anybody sees such a set for sale (locally), or in BKK, Phuket, etc.. PLEASE contact me ASAP. The regs have a sticker with my name on it, however this could be peeled off.

As Atomic regs are not so common in Thailand, and this set has only 2 hoses (one for primary 2nd stage and one for Sea-quest octo-Inflator), PLUS the 1st stage has a Suunto D9 transmitter screwed into it, I am thinking that VERY few people will know what this all is or how to "fence" it for re-sale....

I will gladly offer a US $300 reward for the return of my beloved regs.:depressed:

Thanks for reading, sorry if I've posted to the wrong Forum.

Harley Baldwin
MSDT 190066

I'm sorry to hear about your regs. I have hear that Pattaya can be a pretty rough place - but wow, to steal right out of your apartment.

We are looking to do some relief work this summer at a hospital in Thailand, near the Burma border. I'm hoping to get a couple of days of diving in Phuket, but the rainy seas has me a little worried. I've been told that I could dive the Gulf, but stay away from Pattaya.

I really hope you find them.

I'm sorry to hear about your regs. I have hear that Pattaya can be a pretty rough place - but wow, to steal right out of your apartment.

We are looking to do some relief work this summer at a hospital in Thailand, near the Burma border. I'm hoping to get a couple of days of diving in Phuket, but the rainy seas has me a little worried. I've been told that I could dive the Gulf, but stay away from Pattaya.

I really hope you find them.
Good luck and fun with your relief work.

You can dive the Gulf, no problem at all, but also from Phuket you can dive without problems. It happens, but rarely, that we can not go out because it would be unsafe, and IMO, even if the seas are a bit rough, the diving is still much nicer than in the Gulf of Thailand.

Sorry to hear this story, but it is not a surprise to me, how did they disappear from your appartment? Was it a break in?
I do hope they find their way back to you, but knowing Pattaya quite well, I think it is unlikely.

And yes Drdaddy, I dived in Thailand (Pattaya) last year for the first time and was most disappointed with both the service recieved and the marine life. I have been researching the last few weeks and despite my impending holiday being to Pattaya I shall be doing my diving elsewhere.

Sorry to hear this story, but it is not a surprise to me, how did they disappear from your appartment? Was it a break in?
I do hope they find their way back to you, but knowing Pattaya quite well, I think it is unlikely.

And yes Drdaddy, I dived in Thailand (Pattaya) last year for the first time and was most disappointed with both the service recieved and the marine life. I have been researching the last few weeks and despite my impending holiday being to Pattaya I shall be doing my diving elsewhere.

If the marine life disappoints the bi-diversity in the Marine Disco , Pattaya is probably amongst the richest in the world

If the marine life disappoints the bi-diversity in the Marine Disco , Pattaya is probably amongst the richest in the world

Yes Pattaya really is a great place but I am afraid I simply do not get what I want from the diving there.
Hence my decision to try another location next time.

Back
Top Bottom