Regret to buy VEO180nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cat Nip

Registered
Reaction score
I am really regreted to buy a problem VE0180nx,
I bought the VEO180 on 24/1/2007, 29/1/2007.. the computer showed no battery on the display.. I returned to the Dive shop (Diving adventure in Hong Kong) and replaced a new battery for it..

On 2/2007, I took my computer to Philippines for a diving trip. It's my first time to use this computer.. But unlucky thing occur...

After about 15 dives, the computer showed low battery....?? impossible??

The dive log memory in the computer only show 16 dives... and recovered the 1 dives... that means 1.2.3.4.5.6....16. and then 1. (the memory should have 25 dive log!!!!)

Oh my god!!!. why I purchased a problem computer.

When I returned to Hong Kong, and I took my computer to dive shop on 25/2/2007... they just told me waiting for the Oceanic Hong Kong reply.

What is the good after-sales services (Oceanic Hong Kong) & (the dive shop in hk - Diving Adventure) ?? I can't believe that that's a worldwide brand name for underwater.

Any one can tell me what can I do, or give me any advise ??

continued story...

After the complained, I got the new Veo180nx in Mar 2007. In Feb 2008, I took it to a liveaboard in Similian. Veo180nx showed me low battery, I replaced a new battery. After 13 dives, it showed me LOW BATTERY again, when I came back Hong Kong, I can't turn it on due to low battery...

I have a query : Any Quality control for Oceanic product ?? How can safe your life when u use it's computer underwater ??

The only thing that I can add is that I have purchased 2 of the VEO 180Nx computers, and both of them have been working fine. I have 62 dives on one and over 50 on the other and the batteries are still "not low".

I have over 60 dives on my Veo 180nx, my dad has over 40 on his Veo 250nx, both of which still show full battery.

Either you got two duds or they are being turned on repeatedly while in your bag, draining the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom