Regency Houston office officially closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It is Official. The reservations office in Houston was part of Trans World and acted as the booking agent for the Regency Reef Club. I just got a letter from them saying they have severed all ties to the Regency Club. If you want to make reservations contact the hotel directly.

There was mention that the Hotel was not honoring the commitments to Trans world hence the termination. Who knows what that means!!!

If you have any reservations or have prepaid you better call the hotel directly and get your vacation straightened out first hand.

Lou

Thanks Lou. You've been very helpful on several topics re the Reef over the years. I guess the real question yet to be answered is where is the money paid to Houston & will it be returned to those who get to pay twice. From the sound of things there's more to this than what's being posted on the forums so far but hopefully the members will win out vs get stiffed.

We just discovered this wonderful news today, 3 weeks from flying down there. this is what we have done: After getting confirmation that the Hotel did have our reservation and being told that Transair has not paid them anything for the last two weeks (and we would get to pay again) we called our credit card company. Seeing how we paid in full last June, and the CC company does have the records, and we have notified them, we were told to go ahead and go to the resort, and if the resort insisted on charging the credit card again, to go ahead and do so, but to insist that we get a receipt from the resort saying that the resort had not been paid by Transair. The credit card company would sort things out between Transair and the resort, and that ultimately we would not be held accountable for the 2nd payment. We were also not the only ones to have contacted the CC company about this.
So, if anyone has prepaid like us - contact your credit card company before you go to make sure they are aware of the situation and that will work with you on it.

Now that's downright scary. You paid in JUNE yet they say they haven't received ANY payments for the last 2 weeks. THEY MUST HAVE RECEIVED A PAYMENT MADE THAT LONG AGO, but they still expect you to pay again upon arrival. Who runs a business that way & expects to be successful? That's like saying we bought the business & all of it assets, which would include maintenance fees already banked, but we refuse to honor those payments, but we will spend them however we think best.

I think that it is typical for the selling company to request payment immediately but not pay the provider until close to time of services. A well known forum based travel group does that a lot, and has a bad record of stiffing people, but lies well enough to keep loses at a minimum. I got ahead on the last trip and bailed. TRIP INSURANCE THAT COVERS FINANCIAL INSOLVENCIES IS ALWAYS A GOOD CONSIDERATION. Don't want it? Ok, good luck.

Haha she discouraged credit card payments by charging 3% more. Even then it's often worth it for the security.

We're leaving in the morning for Coz/the Reef. At this point fortunately I haven't paid, couldn't get in touch with anyone in Houston for weeks. Downside is the Reef has my reservation but it's been problematic getting what I owe to pay before I leave. Seems they only answer email once a day. I've also been in contact with SDS and there doesn't seem to be any problems there. They will be picking us up on the concrete dock and honoring our punch card. Overall not that concerned, will be in Coz and diving regardless :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom