Regarding Dorcy 41-1467

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
I have bought Dorcy 41-1467 as a back up and i have a few questions:

Q1: can i use rechargable batteries on them? or just the normal single use battery?

if yes, can you give more details as to what capacity, type, model, power should i be aiming at?

Q2: i understand i have to disconnect the batteries if not in use. can i keep the batteries in the cartridge while its not connected or shall i remove the battries from the cartridge also?

Q3: according to PADI, if im not mistaken, lights has to be disassembled after each dive and that it should be assembled before the next dive. is that really practical? because this way, O-rings will dry out and be vulnerable to cuts !!

thankx in advance, i have sent a similar enquiry to Dorcy about 10 days ago, got no replay untill today, guess i know what to do with the light if something came up.

Assuming that is the 220 lumen light, I use 6 eneloop batteries with mine without issue. I don't remove my batteries either, and they usually hold a charge just fine. Just remember to inspect the o-rings before diving.

For once I kinda agree with PADI. On some lights. The Dorcy's happen to be one of those. At least if you plunk duracells in them. Duracells off gas over time and I have had end caps blow a few feet as I was unscrewing it do to the pressure build up over a few days when I forgot to loosen them. As for the orings drying out that's why you rinse, dry, and relube them each time before putting them away.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

what about the battries? can i use rechargable ? or am i limited to the nonrechargable battries only ?

thankx for he reply

well, English is not my first language so, i thought " eneloop " is a slang :)

my eyes kinda used to snap Enigizer and Duracell off the shelf, not sure if i ever saw eneloop in the local market!!

i notice there is a different in the mAh!! should i get any AAA " might be eneloop " or should i aim for some mAh ratings ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom