Refill air tanks in Exumas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im sailing to the exumas on a 45' sailboat with all scuba gear and tanks etc. but no compressor on board to refill tanks. I have 2 tanks and my father has 2 tanks. We are going to explore for a few weeks maybe a month, but with 2 tanks each we won't be able to dive much. Does anyone know of a place or places to refill tanks in the Exumas? I searched the net and could not find anything... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brand new, you can get a little gas powered one that will fill SCUBA tanks, not tanks for cascade systems, for $3400.

I bet in your neck of the woods you could find some good used ones though and I couldn't even tell you costs.

I bet it wouldn't be a bad investment to have on the boat.

Ask to move this post in the compressor/booster/trimix section.

I looked into the portable compressor and a lil out of my oricerange for now:( and thanks diversteve that link was loads of help,

Good luck on your trip.

One of my dive buddies is going to make sure he can get a portable compressor into his next boat. They are not cheap, but the freedom they would provide would be priceless.

Back
Top Bottom