Reefmaster users - experience with WAL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TN Diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I'm using a Reefmaster RC setup with a macro kit. I was wondering if there were any fellow Reefmaster users who have had experience using the Wide Angle Lens, what they think of it and is it worth buying?

Thanks
Rob

I have a Reefmaster RC also. Haven't gotten the Wide-Angle yet. Hopefully Santa will bring me one though. :D

I, too, am interested in people's experiences with it.

I think it's really good. I have used the wide angle on a few dives and like the extra width it adds to the frames. I don't have any pictures though of using the WAL as I use film and haven't scanned any of the photos in. One thing I have noticed with it though, you really have to be right up on something when using it or it looks like it's far in the distance.

Matt

I can't complain about the price as most Wide Angle Lenses are more expensive. When I get my DC310 back (The strobe and camera flooded on me :( ), I will post some photos and let people know how it looks :) .

It will be interesting as I got tired of the constant issues with the DC310 and got myself an Olympus C-60. I am expecting the housing that I ordered for that in a week or so. I have the strobe and lenses for the Reefmaster though. I will probably use the 6 megapixel C-60 for shallow photography where I don't need the strobe and lenses and the Reefmaster for my 100 ft + dives as it has all of the toys and is a more simple camera to operate.

In a year or so, it won't be important as I will be doing dedicated video by that point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom