Reefmaster Sealife CL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderDaSea104

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a used Reefmaster for an upcoming cruise to the Caribbean. I have a question about the o-ring.
According to Reefmaster the o-ring should be permanently cemented to the housing. However this one is loose. Can it be recemented, and if so with what?
Does anyone have any experience with this camera? This will be my first experience with underwater photography, and since it may be my only experience for a long while I thought that $20 for this camera was a deal. Better than the disposable cameras I thought, if it doesn't leak! Any input I can get would be appreciated.

THANKS

I have a Reefmaster CL also and the O-Ring is cemented in place.

You might want to give Reefmaster (Pioneer Research) a call at 1-800-257-7742 and ask them about it. They were very responsive when I called them asking about film speeds, etc.

UnderDaSea104:
I recently purchased a used Reefmaster for an upcoming cruise to the Caribbean. I have a question about the o-ring.
According to Reefmaster the o-ring should be permanently cemented to the housing. However this one is loose. Can it be recemented, and if so with what?
Does anyone have any experience with this camera? This will be my first experience with underwater photography, and since it may be my only experience for a long while I thought that $20 for this camera was a deal. Better than the disposable cameras I thought, if it doesn't leak! Any input I can get would be appreciated.

THANKS

I had the same problem once - think we used something called Silastic. You should get it pressure tested at a dive shop once you have done this - probably free if you know the person.

But I would ring sealife, they told me what to do.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. I will give Reefmaster a call. Found a local dive shop and I'll see if I can get it tested.

LukeROB - When you re-cemented your o-ring did it hold?

Back
Top Bottom