Reefmaster Mini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
not new to scuba but new to underwater photography (for fun!) - does anyone have an opinion on this camera and what accessories are suggested - thanks!

I have had one for close to a year and purchased the strobe (with diffuser) and the wide angle lens. Of course you will need to purchase a 1g sd card to hold any significant amount of pics.. So far so good for amateur work - I still am working on getting used to the strobe and am going out locally this weekend to play some more with it before heading to the tropics.

David

If you re-post this question in Sealife-Station, you will get many more replies. Maybe a Mod can move it. :)

I own this camera as well as a Wide Angle Lens and a Sealife Digital Flash. The camera takes pretty good pictures. It's a great camera for beginner photography. Along, with the Strobe and Wide Angle it takes even better pics. You can look at some of my pics on the Sealife Website. Under Reefmaster Mini.

The only things that I don't really like about it, is that the macro isn't very good without the wide angle lens. Also, the built in flash isn't too great either. Other than that it's great. It's compact, it can fit in a BC pocket. It's a great little land and Sea Camera.

I have one and love it. I have a 2 gig card in it and it allows me to take an hour of video with sound. I have used it many times and I too am still learning. You tube has a video i used this camera on. Check out the video i made with the reef master mini. No strobe yet but soon. It's a little bright since I was using a cannister light instead of strobe. As i said I am still learning,but recommend a good strobe. Best on land pics as well.

YouTube - Tobermory Niagara II

I have the Digital Strobe, it's great. I also have the Wide Angle Lens.

I have the Digital Strobe, it's great. I also have the Wide Angle Lens.

Sweet, so it makes a big difference I bet, how does the strobe work with video or does it? Mind telling me what the cost was for the setup?

Thanks

Strobe does not work for vid. I bought everything on Ebay. So I got my stuff cheap. I don't know the cost of hand. But I saved about $100 on the Digital Strobe and $50 on the Wide Angle.

Ok thanks, I am looking into a strobe for better pics, and perhaps a mount system.

Back
Top Bottom