Reefmaster Mini Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc

Miscreant Moderator
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I know my canon has an underwater mode that helps with the color- not sure about the sealife.

I have a Reefmaster mini. Although my skill with it is somewhat limited, my experience is growing and I'm starting to get a few decent shots. I had one dive where it locked up on my (right before a huge turtle swam right next to me of course) but once I changed the batteries (even though they were new) it seemed to correct it and it has worked fine since.

I recently used the camera for 3 dives in Cozumel. I noticed that all of my pictures seemed to come in an almost monochromatic blue hue. Basically the picture did not show very much variance in colors. It may just be that I have an entry level camera with no strobe and should be happy with whatever I get, but I'm also curious about setting that I might not be using correctly.

How can white balance help me?

Which ISO's are best for which underwater conditions?

When do I want the flash (and when do I not want it)?

Most commonly blue pictures are due to not enough light / being too far from your subject. With the Mini you have the Sea mode that offers color correction to adjust for the loss of color. It is recommended to use these modes when diving and not using an external flash.

As a rule of thumb, use the sea modes in water up to 35-40ft with good surface light. The inner flash will help out at greater depth or when it is overcast outside. However the inner flash will only give light for distances between 2-3 ft.

If you'd like to send a pic to me @ joeifi@pioneer-research.com, I cna evaluate what exactly is goin on. Please reference this email and give me your coordinates as well.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom