ReefCI, Sapodilla Cayes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anybody taken this trip recently? I'm planning to go to Belize in December and I'm seriously considering it. But I've read some very negative reports online from a few years ago indicating that the facilities are really terrible. I'd appreciate info from anybody who's been on one of their trips in the past year or so.

Julie, I have not dived with ReefCI but I noted that on one of the earlier forums, mall britton was planning to do the open water certification dives with him. I cut and pasted his note on Scubaboard below. He may have done some checking and may be able share some reference checks with you. You can find his post about 3 pages back in the Belize forum.
My Sapodilla Cayes dives have been from my own boat or with Splash Dive Center out of Placencia.
Regards
Ralph
Reef Conservation International

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I finalized my plans yesterday to spend two weeks with Reef Conservation International during the end of the year. Now that I've committed to the trip I'm getting excited about it.

Regards,
Michael

Has anybody taken this trip recently? I'm planning to go to Belize in December and I'm seriously considering it. But I've read some very negative reports online from a few years ago indicating that the facilities are really terrible. I'd appreciate info from anybody who's been on one of their trips in the past year or so.

You may have read my report from 2006. ReefCI have moved to Hunting Key and I'm thinking of going back again. It won't be 5* but your unlikely to get anyone else diving the sites. See their Facebook pages.

I went to Grenada this year and missed the survey type diving ReefCI do.

Edward

My local dive shop was talking up the wonders of Monterey Bay so much that I've decided to go ahead and do my open water certification dives before I get to ReefCI, so I'll be fully certified and will be able to jump right in, as it were. But I am going there for two weeks starting the last week of December. Before I made my reservations, Jo, the person I was emailing with, has been very helpful.

Julie, you might find the reviews posted here helpful: Marine conservation in Belize. World's best responsible & ecotourism holidays

Regards,
Michael

Last edited:
Just came back from two weeks with ReefCI. They are now on Tom Owens Caye, a gorgeous little island. Sure, accommodations are not 5 stars but really, comfortable enough and Brandon's cuisine is delicious. I did my rescue diver course there. Polly is an excellent instructor. The dives were beautiful. And if you happen to be there right after the full moon chances are that you will be lucky enough to experience the String of Pearls. I did and that was SPECTACULAR! Encountered eagle rays, nurse sharks, barracudas but NO OTHER DIVERS aside from our small group. I had a blast!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom