REEF SEEKERS DIVE CO. - JUNE NEWSLETTER

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Attached you'll find the June, 2020, issue of the Reef Seekers newsletter, which should download as a 336KB PDF file of four pages. Just click on it to open it or download it.

You can also access the newsletter through our website simply by using this link:
http://www.reefseekers.com/newsletter.html. Read it on-line or print out a copy for yourself. In either case, you'll need a copy of Acrobat Reader, which comes pre-loaded on most computers. However if you don't have it, or don't have the latest version, you can obtain a free copy by going to this site: (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) and following the on-screen prompts.

If you have any comments, thoughts, concerns, etc., about anything you read, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. Thanks for diving with Reef Seekers.

- Ken (for all the gang here at Reef Seekers Dive Co.)

Attachments

• 0620NL.pdf
    335.8 KB · Views: 74
One should always make a reservation with CDS for one of the spots in advance. This weekend there was an instructor with a group of students who, for the third time in a row, did not reserve a space. According to policy, they were not allowed to dive until a space opened up in late afternoon. Rightfully so.

In what must have been a strange situation, an instructor friend with a reservation brought a group over on the Express. According to her a local city council person saw the group and called the police. A deputy came down and interrogated them asking if they were truly "essential." Then he went to the hotel they were staying at (Seaport Village) and blocked the road access to it. Strange since the city council declared the park to be open with the appropriate restrictions!

I have heard that that incident was resolved when the station master required the deputy to come back down and apologize.

It seems like visiting the island for non-essential purposes is still officially verboten, even if that's (mostly) not being enforced. I'm hesitant to impose myself if I'm not welcome.

IMHO if the City has allowed the dive park to re-open (with restrictions), one shouldn't feel uncomfortable coming out here with a reservation for a space

Back
Top Bottom