Reef Safe Biodegradable Dive Mask Defogger and Cleanser

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA, I apologize. I misspoke. The packaging is environmentally friendly. Reef Safe is searching for biodegradable packaging but, at this time it isn't available. You make a very good point. Plastics in the seas is a big problem. Thank you.
reefsafe packageing.jpg

CuzzA, I apologize. I misspoke. The packaging is environmentally friendly. Reef Safe is searching for biodegradable packaging but, at this time it isn't available. You make a very good point. Plastics in the seas is a big problem. Thank you.
View attachment 456571

Thanks for the clarification, Richard.

IMO, glass is the answer. Yes the shape hangs around for some time, but given that it's pretty much sand, if it gets into the ocean it will break down and have much less impact than plastic.

And... it will turn to seaglass and we can collect it! LOL I agree. Glass is natural and causes no harm. It's interesting to note the amount of effort being done to create biodegradable bottles made from natural ingredients. We can only hope.

I used the Reef Safe defogger on my last cave dive trip to Florida, and it works very well, better than anything I have tried. After years, I finally ended up using baby shampoo, but it had it's pitfalls, of a soapy taste in mouth, plus does not work as well as this Reef Safe defogger! Looking forward to extended testing with ocean diving in the next few months. Thanks to my friends who turned me onto this environmentally friendly solution to an age old problem!

OK, it works. It outperforms Sea Gold and it doesn't make my eyes water. It was pointed out to me that this is the only defog made to FDA standards. I was told a lot of things about it, but the bottom line is that it works without making feel like I'm looking through gel.

Sea Gold works well but I hate the film it leaves that distorts vision and it does sting my eyes. If this stuff works as well as you say then I'm sold!

Sea Gold works well but I hate the film it leaves that distorts vision and it does sting my eyes. If this stuff works as well as you say then I'm sold!

It was formulated to be PH balanced so it doesn't sting your eyes. To use it all you do is spray a very small amount onto the lens then rub it in with your finger tip. You let it dry and don't rinse it. There is no vision distorting buildup and your mask doesn't fog. I have personally used it on cave dives up to 3 hours long where we've been working and it doesn't fog. We'd love to have you try it and let us know how you like it!

I used the Reef Safe defogger on my last cave dive trip to Florida, and it works very well, better than anything I have tried. After years, I finally ended up using baby shampoo, but it had it's pitfalls, of a soapy taste in mouth, plus does not work as well as this Reef Safe defogger! Looking forward to extended testing with ocean diving in the next few months. Thanks to my friends who turned me onto this environmentally friendly solution to an age old problem!

Thanks! :) We're glad you like it! Let us know how the ocean dives go!

Hello Richard,

I don’t have mask fog problems while scuba diving but when freediving it is another story.

Just curious question here. Let’s say I but the Defog on before I get into the water and go about for awhile and take my mask off on the surface to relieve my sinuses for a bit and my lenses get wet would I have to reapply the defog or will it still be fine?

Hello Richard,

I don’t have mask fog problems while scuba diving but when freediving it is another story.

Just curious question here. Let’s say I but the Defog on before I get into the water and go about for awhile and take my mask off on the surface to relieve my sinuses for a bit and my lenses get wet would I have to reapply the defog or will it still be fine?
Hi Nick, Thanks for the question. I have taken my mask off on the surface between dives and have gotten the lenses wet with no problems. As long as you are not completely washing off the defogger it should be fine. It stays on well when applied properly. Years ago I got in the habit of applying no-fog before I began assembling my gear. I do this with Reef Safe Defogger and that assures that is completely dry before I go underwater. Try it out freediving and we'd love to hear a report on how it worked! Thanks :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom