http://www.diveheart.org/

Reef Ministries - Showcasing the Underwater World as the Handiwork of God

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefMinistries

Registered
Reaction score
Hello ScubaBoard Friends,
Just wanted to introduce you all to Reef Ministries - a not for profit organization dedicated to showcasing the underwater world as the handiwork of God. Now before you roll your eyes and run away :outtahere: consider that MANY divers feel closer to God underwater than anywhere else on earth. There are many reasons for that, and that is where Reef Ministries merges people's passion of their FAITH with their passion for DIVING. We do this by having presentations and devotionals before dive trips, snorkeling excursions and classes that are Christ-centered, sharing elements of creation science, environmental stewardship and discipleship as they relate to diving activities.

As a ministry Reef Ministries conducts special outreach events that use the underwater world to encourage others in exploring God's creation.
- Free scuba refresher program called "Revive Your Dive!"
- Snorkeling and scuba camps for kids that focus on discipleship
- Reef clean-ups that focus on environmental stewardship
- Scuba/snorkel training for underprivileged youth

If you are a diver or dive professional who feels closer to God underwater than anywhere else on earth, please consider being a part of this ministry. You can visit our website, join our Facebook page, and sign up for our eNewsletter.

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

I am working as a Bible translator in a remote area of Indonesia and one of my favorite hobbies is getting underwater and checking out the other half of creation. Yes, I do feel close to God when I am diving (not necessarily "closer", but perhaps more focused), possibly because I don't have a lot of other distractions pulling at me during that time. We don't have a whole lot of other entertainment here, but being near the coast, water sports are something our family can do. I just got my two sons certified when we were back in the US last year. While it's certainly not a tourist area known for diving, there are lots of things to look at here (coral, WWII wrecks, and just plain fun stuff to see). My boys just logged their 7th or 8th dive on which they pulled up some 50-caliber machine gun shells from a WWII plane wreck (think they'll be spoiled?). Even though we are "at the end of the earth", there is actually a good dive community of dedicated Christians here, mainly because a while back a friend and teacher at the international school (my dive instructor) felt that his ministry was teaching missionaries to dive and getting them/us certified for next to nothing. Being on a "faith-based budget" that was a huge benefit. I like the things you have shared and am glad to have a testimony of the news about Jesus being made known. Keep it up!

Hey mekmike,
Bless you brother! That is just awesome!! What a great story, thank you for sharing! What a noble way to go about following the Great Commission. It is also great to hear about you and your sons diving - yes they will be spoiled. Feel free to download some of our articles, they make for great devotionals prior to some of your dives. And Bless you and your family, and the work you're doing for His kingdom!!

We signed up for the Reef Ministries Scuba and Scripture Liveaboard this May in The Bahamas. It really looks like a great diving and fellowship experience. You should check it out on the Reef Ministries website.

Keep passing along the Word, mekmike!! Awesome undertaking by you to translate the Bible. Your work will go on opening the eyes and hearts of many generations to come while saving souls. Smile and rejoice while Praising our God in a unique and lasting fashion! Thank you! Bless you!!

:D Well good day to you all. I am a fan on Facebook, and will look forward to what you are going to say here. My organization will be bringing many aspects of diving to many folks. If someone asks, as they have done in the past, I will send them your way! Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hey HouTex,
Thank you so much for the post! And, yes, the Scuba & Scripture Cruise will be awesome! Looking forward to seeing you on the trip!

consider that MANY divers feel closer to God underwater than anywhere else on earth.

Wouldn't you feel closer to Satan when you're diving? I mean, you are that much closer to the bowels of the earth than the sky. I admit, 100 feet give or take isn't all that much but still..

Hello publicsafetyinstr,
Thank you for your post and the nice words of encouragement. Yes, it is special to share the evidence of God in the underwater world with others. Thanks for your support!

Appreciate your testimony and statement of faith, I'm in Tampa and hope to join you on your Sharks tooth dive in August. Keep looking up!

Great, looking forward to meeting you! By the way, registration is open for the Megalodon Dive, there are only 11 spots available. Blessings!

Back
Top Bottom