REEF CLOSURES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today will be my 13th straight day of diving.

April/May closures are Dalila - Palancar Gardens and Horseshoe

June/July -Paradise and Paradise Bay

None of my dives have started on any of the closed reefs. But it seems to be okay if you start at a different reef and the current pushes you onto a closed reef.

it seems to be okay if you start at a different reef and the current pushes you onto a closed reef.

really ? that seems odd. realistically it may be hard to control who does this, but i find it hard to believe it is "allowed".

Has anyone noticed whether the closures seem to be helping? Are the recently closed reefs looking healthier?

Has anyone noticed whether the closures seem to be helping? Are the recently closed reefs looking healthier?
I don't know but I seriously doubt it.

The reefs seemed (to me) to be a little healthier last fall but I also saw a lot less sargassum on top and less smaller particles suspended in the water than the previous few years. I personally think that there is a relationship, not all but some.

The reefs seemed (to me) to be a little healthier last fall but I also saw a lot less sargassum on top and less smaller particles suspended in the water than the previous few years. I personally think that there is a relationship, not all but some.
Of course, the cruise ships haven't been there in 14 months and the southern resorts haven't been running at full capacity.

really ? that seems odd. realistically it may be hard to control who does this, but i find it hard to believe it is "allowed".

Down last month and our dive master said the same thing. If you start on a different reef and happen to drift onto a closed one it is okay. Don't know if I'd want to make a habit of that as a dive shop. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom