Red Sea questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mel.B

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm starting to plan my trip to the Red Sea for 2007. I'm looking either at early October or early November to fit in with other plans, however I know that's not the best time in terms of sea conditions. Am I better to go for early Oct rather than waiting for November? I'm open to suggestions in terms of locations, but would prefer less crowded sites, reefs in great condition, not as fussed by big fish/sharks.

Also as I will be flying from Australia, possibly with Emirates (which we are looking at now), does anyone know which airlines fly from Dubai into egypt other than Emirates? Are there any cheap airlines in this part of the world? What about booking directly with the liveaboards - is that possible? Finally, if I am flexible with dates what are the possibilities of picking up last minute specials and are they much cheaper than booking well in advance?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help or suggestions,
Mel.b

Yes. Early October is better.

Regarding places, I think you can go one of two ways; Sinai (Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab) or Southern Red Sea. The Southern Red Sea is best via liveaboards while Sharm El Sheikh and Dahab offer a variety of excellent shore and daily boat diving. One advantage of Sinai is that you'll have a complete experience of diving, desert excursions, and city life.

Egypt Air flies from Dubai into Egypt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom