Red Sea Photo Workshop 2014 Pictures Sony RX100 Mark II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The whole album is here https://www.flickr.com/photos/interceptor121/sets/72157645375379256/

The top 10 includes those shots

Scorpio Eye by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Motorbike in Hold 2 by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Schooling Batfish on Reef by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Mermaid Kat I by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Arrows by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Giant Moray by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Lara from the reef by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Wreck Diving by Interceptor121, on Flickr

Meteor by Interceptor121, on Flickr

This split shot is with a Nikon D7100 in Nauticam housing

Ras Katy Sunset by Interceptor121, on Flickr

I did not really shoot video just on the last dive I put some frames together to give an idea of how it was

[youtubehq]iRHoqHT1buc[/youtubehq]

wow ! epic pics ! Congrats !
Among others, the over/under at sunset (sunrise ?) demonstrate your total control of this great little RX100.
You're my RX100 hero ! here and on Wetpixel.
Thanks for sharing.
Laurent

wow ! epic pics ! Congrats !
Among others, the over/under at sunset (sunrise ?) demonstrate your total control of this great little RX100.
You're my RX100 hero ! here and on Wetpixel.
Thanks for sharing.
Laurent

Thanks Laurent however the split shot is taken with a Nikon D7100 with a 9" glass dome...to be honest split shots with wet lenses are poor and I wanted to take a great shot not really demonstrate the camera in that case

mmmhhh.......ok.
That's ok, you're still my master hero on the RX100 v1 & v2, with all the good advises, photos and vids you have displayed around.
But don't do it again hum....?
:D

Really nice ... great job with small camera...
I saw more photos from this event and I have to say that there is no big difference between Yours and that taken with DSLR
Now I miss my RX100 :(
Thank you. It was interesting to compare the quality of the image (am not talking about the shot just the pure image quality) to the other shooters on the trip
My conclusion is the following taking into account this was a wide angle trip
RX100 = Olympus OMD-E1/E10 no real difference
Cropped Sensor Nikon D7100 or Nex7 noticeable difference
Full Frame Sensor D800 huge difference

The RX100 did better than old DSLR cropped sensor cameras on the trip. I also learned I like much more how Sony and Nikon produce the shots compared to Canon and Olympus especially in terms of color depth

I also have to say I had plenty of extra tools and I knew my equipment really well while some other people had some new gear they were not particularly familiar with

Considering I do on average 20 photography dives per year and 80 video I am happy with my results

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom