Red Sea Liveaboard - North route from Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I am planning to go on liveaboard in the north route of the Red Sea but need further intel on the conditions.

How are the following between the beginning of March and the middle of April (and when are they at their best in general):

1) Visibility
2) Wind
3) Temperature
4) Life

I have 40 logged dives, AOW and nitrox. Is there anything else I need?

Given that I am a bit prone to some sea sickness, is the water calmer in the South or North route?

Thank you.

I haven’t dived the Red Sea that time of year, but I would say the northern routes tend to be a calmer than the southern routes. For the southern routes you will have some long overnight crossings that can be very rough, and moorings can be more exposed. For the northern routes you can still get some rough seas, but crossing are fairly short and most of the moorings are generally a bit calmer. In my experience everyone gets their sea legs after a day or two and the sea conditions really aren’t a problem.

Visibility is fairly consistent year round. The water will be warmer in April compared to March.

With 40 dives I think the northern routes will be most appropriate, maybe see if you can complete a Deep Diver course before you go, or even on the trip. That way you are qualified to 40m which both routes have the potential to dive to.

The ‘Wrecks & Reefs’ itinerary that is offered by a few companies is a good option and shows some of the best sites the Red Sea has together with giving plenty of variety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom