Red Sea diving practices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilkendra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello peoples,I have been looking at many Red Sea diving possibilities over the last few days and have come to the conclusion that the client can dive as much as he/she wants and then off to the decommpression chamber to recover from the intensity of it all. Is this common practice or just malpractice? Neilkendra.

Hello Neil - could you perhaps be a dash more specific?

Sounds like a physiologically unlikely urban myth to me.

The closest story that I have heard to this is some dive operators in Thailand who have their instructors diving with such intensity that every 4 months or so they are sent to the chamber to "clean them out" of latent bubbles (at least according to one of the instructors at my LDS who used to work out there).

Hello peoples,I have been looking at many Red Sea diving possibilities over the last few days and have come to the conclusion that the client can dive as much as he/she wants and then off to the decommpression chamber to recover from the intensity of it all. Is this common practice or just malpractice? Neilkendra.

Well in the sense that in some locations on the Red Sea (like the "safari" camps and many live aboards) you're expected to think for yourself then yes, the client is free to do as they wish.

However; if one isn't willing to take responsibility for the planning of ones own dives and then I fail to see how that constitutes "malpractice" on the part of the operator, which is what you seem to be suggesting. It would, if you ask me, constitute negligence on behalf of the diver.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom