Red Sea Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raitzin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was hoping to do a 3-5 day liveaboard out of Sharm in the 2nd half of October. I'm not exactly sure what day I'll get to Sharm as I'm planning to make my way down by bus from Israel. My question is - should I book my liveaboard before I get to Sharm or is it easy enough to do once I get there (and am I going to spend 3 days hanging out waiting for a boat?)

Also, it seems from googling "Red Sea liveaboards" most liveaboards are for 1 week - I don't think I want to go for that long - is it easy enough to get a shorter term liveaboard?

Finally, are 3-5 day liveaboards worth it vs. day trip diving?

Thanks a lot for all the advice!

My recommendation is to book in advance. Liveaboards are on pre-settled dates to facilitate individual bookings. If you opt for on-the-spot booking, you may find empty seats on the required dates and you may not.

3-days liveaboard trips out of Sharm exist. The usual itinerary is Ras Mohamed and Thistlegorm. If you want more info about dates, prices, and availability, drop me a line.

Liveaboards vs daily diving is a purely preference thing. For me, I prefer shore diving and liveaboards. I do daily boat diving but it's not my preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom