red filter + lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qasar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good afternoon
I have done some dives around 27m in green water with H3black and the Polar pro red filter (in facy I had Red/macro combo but I lost the macro one as it's not secured...)
Part of the movie is without lights, just filter, then the second part is with one or two Archon lights (1200lum each).
The first part of the movie has been color graded with SA ColorFiness plugIn for After Effects, in the second part only some contrast enhancements. I forgot my gopro on auto WB nad you will see that some times colors (second part) are weird as if I tried to have color grade them..
Fujairah sept 13 - YouTube
So for me no pb around 30m you need lights+red filter
Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for the video.

Adds more fuel to the fire for lights+filter.

Are you using CAM_RAW or a Kelvin rating, instead of AutoWB then?

The first part looks great - surprised you are colour grading the stuff with a filter, I find its generally pleasing on the eyes straight out of the camera (with filter).

At the 5:00 mark to me the colours also look way off, as you say.

Be careful with using music with YouTube, you might find your videos will be either taken down automatically, or the audio removed, due to using copyrighted material. Thats the reason I've moved to Vimeo.

Thanks TheTrickster.
On normal way I use camera raw with color grade after. It's the only way to have consistent color through the same footage. Red filter doesn't prevent you for color grading, it simply allows the process to be much more easier.
Here are pictures from the footage before color grading (obviously auto WB has hit the morray...)
Fujairah sept.Still005.jpgGOPR0006.MP4.Still001.jpg
Agree with Youtube restriction. Before we could go around the claim but now it's impossible. The only restriction I know is that it's impossible to see the video on mobile and tablet. I never heard of audio removed or video taken down.
My only concern with vimeo is that it's not free....

Hi
In the latter part of the film the colours are not quite natural.
I don't think a red filter and a light should be used at the same time, unless you want to get a special effect.
U can find a lot of royalty free music on the net, also from legal sources. Even Youtube has started a service for this. Vimeo is free too, only it restricts you very much than in the amount of MB/ GB you can upload.

Back
Top Bottom