Recsea Housing for the Canon 7D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there,

I may have posted this in the wrong place. So sorry for that.

Anyway, I want to either buy the Aquatica, Nauticam or Recsea underwater housing for my 7d. I am tempted by the Recsea due to it's compactness but cannot find a review of it or much information at all, anywhere. Has anybody used it? Have one? And could share their experience or thoughts.

Thanks,
- FJ

I dive the Nauticam and I think it is great. I have seen a bunch of Aquaticas and dove with one and it too was very nice. The Recsea is a great unknown and if it were $500 cheaper I would think about it but at the same price as the Nauticam/Aquatica I would vote for the guys that have more experience making DSLR cameras. One of the reasons that the dimensions look so small is that for the Nauticam/Aquatica, the knobs that are used for focus/zoom are a bit bigger. I would bet that the actual housings (minus the knobs) are all within a mm or two of each other. And once you add arms, trays, strobes, focus lights and add on lenses all of them will be the same size i.e. too big.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom