Recsea Bayonet wide angle kit for Sony RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SDarren

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Enquiring if anyone has had similar problems with the Recsea quick release UWL-04 M52 mount adapter to accommodate a UWL-04 wide angle lens for a WHS-RX100 II housing, where on more than one occasion the wide angle lens has dislodged from the adapter on both land and sea with the lanyard saving the loss of my lens.
Further investigation of the fault has confirmed that the notched plastic ring that screws onto the housing port jumps off its thread which results in the loss of the lens and potential loss of the notched ring which will render the whole adapter kit unusable.
I have spoken to fellow divers with the same set up who have encountered the same fault with the only recommendation is to locktite the plastic ring onto the housing port, which in my opinion is not a suitable fix especially when the cost of the adapter kit is half the price of the lens.
I have been trying to contact Recsea directly but not having no response and even where I purchased the kit, they are having difficulties in getting an acceptable resolution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom