Recs for mask with nose purge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dewdropsonrosa

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Seeking recent-ish recommendations for mask with a nose purge! My preferred model (Tilos Arrow) doesn't seem to be made anymore. Black skirt preferred but not required.

This is for a prospective new diver who has limited shoulder mobility due to an injury and can't always handle the range of motion to clear the mask with the usual two-handed maneuver.

TUSA makes one the Imperix Hyperdry, they even offer it with a black skirt. No idea how well it works, I just use my leaky DGX mask.

I've used an Oceanic Ion purge mask for many years. I love mine.
41zBWMmS9TL._AC_.jpg

I haven’t had the opportunity to try more than a couple masks, but the Oceanic above seems to work great for me.

Tusa Imprex Hyperdry. All we use and have for years. Go on Amazon and buy the mask/snorkel combo. It is cheaper than the mask alone.

You can clear a mask easily with one hand, just place one hand sideways across top of the mask and blow, I never use two hands. That said, if it makes diving more accessible for this individual than go for the purge mask.

Back
Top Bottom