Recreational reg setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I am streamline my rec rig. I now use bpw, but in regards to second stage, I am considering a 90degree fitting at the 2nd stage. Any thoughts on pros and cons of this setup. Thank you in advance

I’ve never felt the need for one. I have the primary on a 5’ hose and the secondary on a necklace.

Hello all, I am streamline my rec rig. I now use bpw, but in regards to second stage, I am considering a 90degree fitting at the 2nd stage. Any thoughts on pros and cons of this setup. Thank you in advance
I don't know if it is _neccessary_, but I appreciate it in the setup I've been diving for about 40 dives now: 40" primary with swivel, hose goes under arm, 22" secondary on necklace, no swivel, goes over shoulder. I think without the swivel I'd want a bit more length in the primary hose. My previous rig had "standard" hoses with secondary longer, and I didn't really notice an issue with both hoses going over the shoulder (not quite as streamlined, but that's a different question).

I run my primary on a 40” rubber hose and use a 70 degree swivel on the second stage. I run it tucked under my arm and it comes off the end port of a balanced Scubapro piston reg that is pointed down and to the right.
The secondary is bungeed under my chin on a 22” hose. The setup is comfortable and everything sits well with no binding or too much extra hose. I’m happy with it.

I also run primary on 40" rubber or 48" braid hose under my arm with a 90 degree DGX swivel and a 22" necklaced secondary.

My primary hoses (actually have 2) are around 24", one for supply, one for exhaust. Octo is on a 40", and is a "pancake" so it is easy for myself or someone else to use (it has a built in swivel)... :stirpot:

My primary hoses (actually have 2) are around 24", one for supply, one for exhaust. Octo is on a 40", and is a "pancake" so it is easy for myself or someone else to use (it has a built in swivel)... :stirpot:
Great. Next can we hear from from the freedivers, and hookah users? :troll:

On a serious note- On my conventional modern setup, I do run a 90 degree on my necklaced octo as it is very short (don't remember hose length), and I don't like a unnecessarily long loop or the push/pull of a straight connection. The primary on my wife's and daughter's rigs uses 40"/4' hoses on 90 degree swivels as the hose is just on right side under their arm, and back up (again, no push/pull). With a behind the head wrap, I use an angled swivel, but not 90 degree. I have used one when the hose length wasn't enough, but solved that with a longer hose...

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom