Recreating sea storm on a mini level at the selected area of the sea floor.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I need to agitate sand/small pebbles at the depth of 10 - 15 meters.

Best way to describe what I would like to do is (in such order):

1. Recreate sea storm on a mini level at the selected small area of the sea floor.

2. Pressure wash small area of the sea floor.
What can I do to achieve that?

Best I figured by now would be to use submersible water pump, sucking the sea water and releasing it at 8500 l/h or 40 gal/min onto pointed surface. But I have yet to find a pump that has specs for that. Preferably, powered by batteries (12, 24, 32 or 48V system)

For example this pump has a submersion depth of 7 m (Not sure what would happen to it if it went deeper, considering power cord would allow, collapse from pressure?)

Other dumb ideas/words that crawl into my head are: turbine, fan, submerged jet ski, an army of Pufferfish, ...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. Thank you. Oh, yes, I'm on a budget.

Edit: I would use water pump in reverse. It will sucking sea water from one end and blow pretty strong jet of water from another, creating needed turbulence.

Edit: The dredge would not work because it sucks rather than blows :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom