Recovering from a dead battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did not use my Cootwo for several months and when I turned it on it was dead and would not hold charge. I was ready to order a new battery, but then I opened the unit, put the battery in my XTAR VP2 charger and voila the battery came back to life. It seems to be working fine with the old battery now.

I found the battery in my Cootwo to have a 300 mAh stamp on it while Alberto recommends a 350 mAh battery. Also not sure if, when I buy a new battery, I should get one with protection circuit or not. I see both types being sold. I believe the protected batteries are a little longer than those without.

Adam

Yep, had to bring the battery back to life by using an external charger. USB port could not revive it.

protection circuits are preferred for this. I had to take mine out and get it on a good charger as well and it behaved after that. I do have a spare just in case

Back
Top Bottom