Recommended shop in the Denver area for OW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aviyes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Title says it all. Girlfriend is looking to get OW certified as we search for a potential scuba/beach vacation in the next few months (Mar/Apr, maybe).

Colorado annually has among the most certified divers per capita in the nation every year, so there is a plethora of dives shops in the area. I teach primarily technical diving independently, so I would not be part of your solution, but I can give you advice on those local shops. If you are interested in that advice, send me a private message.

It is too bad that boulderjohn, John Adsit, is no longer teaching OW. He taught my wife’s OW course and it was a good one.

You mentioned a scuba/beach vacation in the next few months. Here’s a thought. Do the Theory and the Confined Water (Pool Training) in Colorado and the Open Water Training while on vacation?

You mentioned a scuba/beach vacation in the next few months. Here’s a thought. Do the Theory and the Confined Water (Pool Training) in Colorado and the Open Water Training while on vacation?
I think something like 80% of the people who get certified in Colorado do it that way.

What part of town are you in?

It is too bad that boulderjohn, John Adsit, is no longer teaching OW. He taught my wife’s OW course and it was a good one.

That was my thinking and recommendation to her as well. Though if she could get the time off work or line up her on-call days and COVID restrictions cooperate, Blue Hole is an option as well.

We've always used Flatirons Scuba / Broomfield and have had a good experience there. We did the OW dives in Belize, though.

That was my thinking and recommendation to her as well. Though if she could get the time off work or line up her on-call days and COVID restrictions cooperate, Blue Hole is an option as well.

If you want to do ow at blue hole, I can help you out, or point you in the right direction. PM me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom