Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekk Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Any personal recommendations for a good u/w digital cam setup? I've had plenty of experience with topside cameras.. I just don't know much about good housings and lights for u/w use. Any suggestions?

In my limited circle of amateur photographers, the Ikelite housings are the most popular, and the Canon 4040 and 5050 are the most popular housed cameras.
Everybody's happy with their setup as far as I can tell.
Rick

TheCanon S45 (4.0mpxl) and Canon underwater housing will run you about $570 at Adorama. We use a S50 (5.0 mpxl) in the same housing with a Sea&Sea YS25DX external strobe. You can get decent shots with either camera without the strobe as long as your subject is close in. The strobe just makes it all better - but the fiber optic cable a wee bit of a hassle - not that we'd go without. We still like the setup. The good part about the Canon S45 or S50 is they are both compact full featured cameras so they'll double as your surace cam, too.

Happy shooting!
Let's get wet! :tree: :tree: :tree: :tree:
Eric

Thanks for the info.

I always like to see what the "real" world has to say about equipment. It's always easier than dealing with a sales pitch from the lds.

"Just the facts ma'am."

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom