Recommendations for pony bottle/regulator set up for solo diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty AL80 gets to be noticeable but no big deal and plus you're in the last 10 minutes of the dive then anyway.
Faffing about with both reclipping or moving the tank plus moving a weight around just isn't worth it.

Maybe my wing provides more stability than others though (Xdeep Tec)? I could see a wing which balloons being less stable.

@Tigerpaw,

Here is a link (Gas Planning Example) to an old thread that contains an example that details, among other things, how you might determine the minimum size "needed" for a pony bottle (bailout bottle) for a recreational dive.

The example is straightforward, written for a 100 fsw NDL dive. I learned to do a simpler version of this approach to dive planning when I took my open water course (in 1986). You might rework the example, but using a 130 fsw NDL, instead.

rx7diver
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom