Recommendations for Novices with One Day in Cape Town (September)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tealcake

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

My husband and I are traveling through Cape Town and have one free day in Cape Town (September 5). We want to see some sharks! I'm most interested in the cow sharks. We are continuing on to Grootbos and already have a shark cage dive scheduled there. We are novices, with only 5 or 6 dives logged, and our last dive was at the end of May. I've already reached out to a few dive operators and it seems like many of them dive too deep for us.

Can anyone make some specific site/operator recommendations?

Thanks in advance, we are so excited to visit SA!

Diving in Cape Town is a lottery. They don't call it the Cape of Storms for nothing. Diving is very unpredictable. You can contact Scuba Culture SCUBA CULTURE cc I know the guys down there. Don't be alarmed by the webpage, they only list email and a contact number.

Thank you for the tips! Nothing is booked yet, but I'm chatting with Pisces and Into the Blue. Hopefully one of those pans out!

Back
Top Bottom