Recommendations for Negril-area dive company?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randyman

New
Reaction score
We're headed to Negril, Jamaica soon. I haven't been diving in a few years, and I'm really itching to do it on this trip. Any recommendations for a good company to go with (or whom to stay away from)?

We'll be staying at the Sunset at the Palms resort (located right on Bloody Bay)...

Thanks for any info you can give!
randy

We're headed to Negril, Jamaica soon. I haven't been diving in a few years, and I'm really itching to do it on this trip. Any recommendations for a good company to go with (or whom to stay away from)?

We'll be staying at the Sunset at the Palms resort (located right on Bloody Bay)...

Thanks for any info you can give!
randy
I lived in Negril for a year, but that was years ago and truly excellent operators like Cecil Brown's Blue Whale Divers are long gone, along with the once pristine reefs and open beaches.. I do hear reasonably good things about Negril Adventure Divers, located on the 7 mile beach.

Last edited:
My wife and I were at the RIU Tropical Bay 2 weeks ago which I think is right next to the Sunset. I dove with ScubaCaribe which is located at the RIU. I thought they were a good outfit. Capt. Nike ran the ship and Kurt is the divemaster, both were great. I have my own gear; dives were $50 per tank. From info I have read, Jamaica is not normally a dive destination, but my wife doesn't dive, so it's a compromise between beach and dive vacations. I was pleasantly surprised, though, and really enjoyed the dives. If you go with ScubaCaribe, tell Kurt "James Bond" says hello.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom