Recommendations for Diving on Koh Lanta in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nowhereman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, I've finally settled on heading to Koh Lanta for 5 days of diving next month from KL. However I have no idea about diving in Thailand beyond having going to the Andaman sea recommended. Could anyone recommend a dive centre or accommodation on the island? I'm hoping to try and get a flight from KL to Krabi airport in the morning and getting an early boat. Not sure if that's doable yet.

I've contacted a couple of dive shops but haven't had any replies yet, which doesn't really surprise me. Most of the people working in dive shops in SEA don't really like doing email duty in my experience.

Well they're one of the centres I emailed and their website sounded promising so I'll take that vote of confidence on board. Thanks very much.

I just left Koh Lanta, after 3 weeks of diving and enjoying their beautiful beaches. I chose to dive with Lanta Diver after checking in with a few shops. I couldn't have been more pleased and ended up doing around 20 dives with them over the time I was there. If you are nitrox certified they also offer free nitrox. Their staff was very professional and informative. Their boats were nice and EVERYTHING was ran so efficiently and smooth, they're was alot of attention to detail. When I first signed up for dives as well they gave me a choice of several masks and flipper styles, not necessary as I am not picky with this, but nice little perk I suppose if there are certain design styles you prefer over others. It seemed also that scubafish and kon-tiki were well recommended. I am now in Koh Tao wishing I was back in Lanta.

We usually aswer all emails within 48 hours. Contact me on manager@kontiki-lanta.com if you still have had no reply.

Not too far off, it was 3 days and I've gotten some helpful information. Thanks for the offer though! They warned me you're going into low season but I'm willing to risk losing a day of diving or changing plans a bit simply because I'd like to get somewhere new and see some new sites. Also nice to hear some more positive feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom