Recommendations for divemaster training in C America

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a relatively experienced diver (PADI Rescue with 100+ dives) who is looking to "go pro" with the goal of eventually owning a dive shop somewhere. I'm considering doing my DMT in C America to be followed up with my Instructor's training in SE Asia later in the year.

Looking for recommendations for places to do my DMT in C America, both general (ie, Honduras v Belize) and specific (actual dive shops).

Thanks in advance for the help

You could try Roatan. A couple options but there's many more. A couple friends did their DM with GoPro Caribbbean (the first link) and stayed on for instructor - it's pretty reasonable to live there. Both of these shops have a shared DM house in the West End - you could walk to GoPro but Barefoot's shop is on the south side of the island. I've dove with both recreationally.

GoPro Caribbean is affiliated with Coconut Tree Divers and their DM trainees were often our boat leading dives or shadowing us as part of their training. It's a fun crew also. I overheard part of a training lecture once since it was being held at the table behind me on their patio - Wil seemed very thorough. He's like the longest active CD on Roatan or something...

Divemaster Internship | PADI Dive instructor Course | Roatan | GoPro Caribbean

Go PRO | Roatan 5-Star PADI Dive Center & Lodging | Barefoot Divers

Never been to Utila but Utila Dive Center is a respected op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom