Recommendations for a UW photo trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So far I've made 12 dives with my UW rig (D300, Sea and Sea housing), all have been at sites accessible from Key Largo. The last six were with my wife as dive buddy/model/assistant :). We would like to take a another trip at the end of the summer for maybe 5 days or so and I'm looking for some recommendations for a location that would be reasonably close (anywhere in Caribbean), easy airline access for transporting photo equipment, easy dives (<60ft), good photo subjects,clear waters,low currents, etc.
Bonaire, Bahamas, Caymans,..etc ? My wife shoots a lot topside, so somehwhere that has an interesting topside would be a bonus. I'm sure people have their personal favs , but all recommendations will be greatly appreciated !
Thanks,
Dan

Are you into W/A or macro?

For W/A - Caymans, Cozumel (Bahamas for sharks)
For macro - Bonaire, Curacao

You can shoot W/A or macro at any destination, but some are better for one or the other.

Thanks, I've been doing 50/50 and havent thought much about which one I prefer. Hmmm......I might lean towards W/A because it seems a little easier for me right now given that I am not an expert diver.

I think with the experience you have with your rig I'd suggest Bonaire. It's pretty photographer friendly; lots to shoot, no currents to speak of, etc. There are good W/A opportunities, just not as many as other places.

Probably the only downside is shore diving with a big rig gets a bit harder, but your wife can help ;-).

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom