Recommendations for 3-4 day Similan Islands liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skirnir314

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

First time posting!

I'm looking for recommendations for a 3-4 day liveaboard to the Similan Islands before the season closes this year. I've been diving for 3 years and have probably 60ish dives logged.

I moved to Singapore from Boston back in the fall (regular diver on Cape Anne) and have only gone diving once since I moved here. Hoping to rectify that this spring. :)

I've had a few folks recommend the Similans to me as really great, but I'd also love any other recommendations for other places in Southeast Asia that are great destinations for a liveaboard. Looking for something < 1 week, need to use my vacation time wisely.

- Mike

Hi Mike,

There are many, many options. Some people might give you their recommendations based on their experience, I'd be happy to help you with a wide choice. But more specifics are needed: when, what kind of boat.

Hi Mike,

There are many, many options. Some people might give you their recommendations based on their experience, I'd be happy to help you with a wide choice. But more specifics are needed: when, what kind of boat.

Hey Steven,

Thanks so much!

I don't have any preference in terms of time. I know the season closes in May, so any time between now and the close would be fine.

I've actually never done a liveaboard before, so I don't have any strong preference. I'm happy to pay a little more for a good experience -- no need to go totally budget -- but I also don't need a luxury experience. It's all about the diving for me, I don't need crazy amenities.

Sailboats seem very neat and I've never been on one, so I'd be very interested if there were a good option on a sailboat. I was just looking at the Diva Andaman. Seems like a gorgeous boat, although it only has 7 day trips (too long for me) and is more luxury than I need.

Also, given that I'm a first timer, I'd love any advice on what to avoid.

- Mike

Hi All,

First time posting!

I'm looking for recommendations for a 3-4 day liveaboard to the Similan Islands before the season closes this year. I've been diving for 3 years and have probably 60ish dives logged.

I moved to Singapore from Boston back in the fall (regular diver on Cape Anne) and have only gone diving once since I moved here. Hoping to rectify that this spring. :)

I've had a few folks recommend the Similans to me as really great, but I'd also love any other recommendations for other places in Southeast Asia that are great destinations for a liveaboard. Looking for something < 1 week, need to use my vacation time wisely.

- Mike

Welcome Mike!

Sounds like you're planning an exciting trip :)

I've checked our Similan Island liveaboards and we have various vessels with availability for 5 day / 4 night trips. Would that work for you? You can look at them and customer reviews here.

How about Malaysia? The Celebes Explorer has a '4 nights explore Sipadan' safari to Sipadan Island and there is availability in April.

As a side note....if you go to Cambodia, I can highly recommend heading out to the islands around Koh Sdach for some diving. There is almost zero tourism there, the diving is easy and relaxed, and you can of course combine it with land highlights such as Angkor Wat.

Let me know if I can help at all and enjoy planning your trip.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Hey Steven,

Thanks so much!

I don't have any preference in terms of time. I know the season closes in May, so any time between now and the close would be fine.

I've actually never done a liveaboard before, so I don't have any strong preference. I'm happy to pay a little more for a good experience -- no need to go totally budget -- but I also don't need a luxury experience. It's all about the diving for me, I don't need crazy amenities.

Sailboats seem very neat and I've never been on one, so I'd be very interested if there were a good option on a sailboat. I was just looking at the Diva Andaman. Seems like a gorgeous boat, although it only has 7 day trips (too long for me) and is more luxury than I need.

Also, given that I'm a first timer, I'd love any advice on what to avoid.

- Mike
I'll send you a reply by PM.

Try Khao Lak Scuba Adventures, spartan but very well organized. They offer various lengths liveaboards

I've dived the Oktavia twice for 5 day trips and would dive with them again.

Back
Top Bottom