Recommendations: Dumaguete or Puerto Galera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am thinking about taking a vacation in Dec. in Philippines.
I have read all I could about different dive places there and finally settled on either PG or Dumaguete.

The diving seems to be equally good at either place. But my wife does not dive and so I need to choose a destination that has other interesting activities besides diving.

PG seems to be mostly diving and other water sports. Duma seems to have a bit more of land based activities. Then again, what do I know ? (never been there).

So, experts, please help me here. Which should I choose? Are there other better choices than these two, where I can find reef & rainforest type of activities?

Puerto Galera; The most varied diving you can find in one stop; Deep; drift; tech;
coral; nature, (over 600 spc. nudibranchs in the Verde Is passage); Adventure,
(the washing Machine at Verde Is.); Wrecks at many depth's; Shark cave.
Topside activity; Tamaraw falls; The Magaya village, (they are said to be living the
traditional way from hundreds of years ago); as well as jet-ski's, Banana boats
etc.
Dumagete: Great Macro diving; and nearby Apo Is.; and great muck diving
Topside activity; Forest Camp, (a nice Picinic/swimming area); Bais north of town,
(Dolphin watching, not tame Dolphins); Dumagete city market; the 300 year old
Chinese bell tower; and the usual water sports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom