Recommendation for Red Sea liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mscmicrobiology

Registered
Reaction score
We were booked on Aggressor I for 2020/03 but with the unfortunate events plans have to change. Aggressor keeps stalling with no definate plans to purchase a new boat. They are only temporarily leasing the Scuba Scene until the New Year with no permanent plans in place. Each week we get the same song and dance, we are planning to have a boat for that time, but meanwhile the other boats are booking up.

Any suggestions for quality livaboards for red sea with similar itinerary to to Red Sea Aggressor I. Price isn't a huge factor as long as we are getting what paying for. What would be some of the top luxury red sea livaboards that you have experience with?

I was on the MY Blue last year. I haven’t been on an aggressor in the Red Sea but have been on several in the Caribbean etc. The rooms and Général condition was as good or better than all of them. I found the camera table to be too small for big rigs. I also found the food to be very plain. 3 other people reported that it was ‘fantastic with multiple exclamation marks’... I think they were easily pleased or from the prairies. I like spicy/ local/ ethnic foods. We only had Arabic one night and it was vanilla for the German taste as I was informed:

Either way, the boat is very nice. Nicer than any others that the Germans/brits who regularly dive in the Red Sea have been on apparently. Staff were fine. No complaints, very much trying to please. I would likely choose it again if I went back over others in the Red Sea. I spoke to several people in the harbour after who were on other boats and they that they either wish they were on the MY Blue with us or that it is known that it’s the best boat..I liked that there was a lot of space on the boat.

I was on the MY Blue last year. I haven’t been on an aggressor in the Red Sea but have been on several in the Caribbean etc. The rooms and Général condition was as good or better than all of them. I found the camera table to be too small for big rigs. I also found the food to be very plain. 3 other people reported that it was ‘fantastic with multiple exclamation marks’... I think they were easily pleased or from the prairies. I like spicy/ local/ ethnic foods. We only had Arabic one night and it was vanilla for the German taste as I was informed:

Either way, the boat is very nice. Nicer than any others that the Germans/brits who regularly dive in the Red Sea have been on apparently. Staff were fine. No complaints, very much trying to please. I would likely choose it again if I went back over others in the Red Sea. I spoke to several people in the harbour after who were on other boats and they that they either wish they were on the MY Blue with us or that it is known that it’s the best boat..I liked that there was a lot of space on the boat.

You should travel with your own spices. :wink:

Anyone know how Blue Planet - Blue Seas versus the Golden Dolphin II is in terms of quality?

Back
Top Bottom